WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
XuluniX
Re: What would make BF3 gameplay similar to BF2 gameplay?

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:39 pm

That's the point
Maybe there will be an option to add custom presets.
I would like a tag system, like in many Source-games, where servers could set tags which you can filter in the serverbrowser.
So you would only need to filter for the classic tag to find the servers.
Adding new presets like hardcore is not practicable because there would be many different presets over time which would need to be added to the serverbrowser, so i think a tag system would be great

Professor.Oak

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:31 pm

For the love of god please don't ever mess with the sprint speed. BF4 did, and it feels like shit.

faddn

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:42 am

XuluniX wrote:That's the point
Maybe there will be an option to add custom presets.
I would like a tag system, like in many Source-games, where servers could set tags which you can filter in the serverbrowser.
So you would only need to filter for the classic tag to find the servers.
Adding new presets like hardcore is not practicable because there would be many different presets over time which would need to be added to the serverbrowser, so i think a tag system would be great

Adding a classic preset shouldn't be a problem. And there wouldn't be much more needed. A classic preset is something the community have been asking for since BF3 release and we are actually getting it in BF4 now.

Another thing is that alot of people that join venice from start will be people from mhq and other veterans that don't want to touch normal or hardcore.

neverhangover

Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Freeshnik wrote:
faddn wrote:Please don't say hardcore mode....

This, cuz hc gives us too low HP.

How realistic is that you need half a mag of nato rounds to drop someone ? Hardcore HP is good, I can't stand the amount of bullets one man can take in Normal mode. In HC, I can take take out a full squad with just one mag of the SCAR-H. Which is pretty realistic, as they are getting 3-4 hits of 7.62x51 in their upper body/head. No lightweight body armor could protect you from that.

Then again, the so called 'classic' mode probably isn't for me. A lot of people, even DICE discussed it for BF4, and I didn't like it then either. The main idea is good, and I would f*cking love 6 man squads, (Hell, I'd probably do 8 man squads, as I have a lot of buddies playing BF3) hate 3d spotting, and most elements that normal mode possesses, but HP increase is just a buzzkill for me. :(

faddn

Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:58 pm

neverhangover wrote:
How realistic is that you need half a mag of nato rounds to drop someone ? Hardcore HP is good, I can't stand the amount of bullets one man can take in Normal mode. In HC, I can take take out a full squad with just one mag of the SCAR-H. Which is pretty realistic, as they are getting 3-4 hits of 7.62x51 in their upper body/head. No lightweight body armor could protect you from that.

Then again, the so called 'classic' mode probably isn't for me. A lot of people, even DICE discussed it for BF4, and I didn't like it then either. The main idea is good, and I would f*cking love 6 man squads, (Hell, I'd probably do 8 man squads, as I have a lot of buddies playing BF3) hate 3d spotting, and most elements that normal mode possesses, but HP increase is just a buzzkill for me. :(

Alot of "vets" prefer high TTK and high TTK is classic battlefield. Classic mod/preset is actually coming to BF4 this month.

Return to “General Discussion”