WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mizudg
Logitech F310 Controller Review or just my Personal thoughs

Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:32 am

(I embedded it specifically because of the quality. Full-screen doesn't improve a hell lot but if you want to view it, just click the YouTube link in the bottom right corner of the player to watch the video on YouTube)

Before we begin with the in-depth description, I would like to apologize for my camera's horrible quality. For some reason it is performing far worse than in my past videos lately but I hope you can still use this video to get yourself informed with the Logitech F310 :)

If you are looking for a controller with a Guide button and a PS3-Style layout, you are in the right place. The Logitech F310 is a solid purchase with the price of 24,99EUR (in Bulgaria)/ 24,99USD (In the US) and I can easily recommend it to anyone looking to play Steam Big Picture or XInput games in general without having to struggle with the X360Ce. Despite the controller not being wireless, it has a 1.8m cable which is enough to take with me on my couch and play some games on my TV. The sensitivity overall feels great, the analogs are incredibly comfortable and the triggers feel natural as if you are holding an offical controller's triggers. The only downside I can find about the design is the size of the LB and RB buttons ast hey are smaller than it should be humanly allowed to. The DPad is also very comfortable and if you want to play with a X360-styled layout, you can easily toggle between your Left analog and Dpad's actions with the "Mode" button. The downside to this little feature is that the analog doesn't feel great as a Dpad.

The X and D mode on the back is really useful for playing older games or configuring the controls to something that games usually don't allow (for example, most console games have layout presets and do not allow custom control bindings). The X stands for Xinput aka the computer/game will recognize your controller as a XBox 360 controller and will act as it should with one as such. The stands for Dinput, and as I show in this video, it is very useful for custom configuration programs (such as http://www.xpadder.com) or the official F310 configuration tool that automatically installs when you first plug in the controller. Overall, I am really satisfied with the purchase and once again, I would like to thank Logitech for a high quality product at such a considerably lower price (at least in my region).

The Logitech button aka the "Guide/Home" button isn't used in many places as far as I know but you can use it in combination with Steam to access Big Picture and its many features on the big screen. Pressing the Guide Button in-game will open up the BP Overlay which has everything you've come to expect from the standard Steam Overlay - everything ranging from Friends to Community Hubs and Store to Promotions and News/Updates on your favorite games.

Once again, if you can, I would highly suggest you purchase the Logitech F310 or F710. It is not that the F510 is bad, it is just according to my preferences, the F310 is as good as I need it to be and the next step I am willing to take is the Wireless option of the F710.

What are your personal thoughts on this controller if you own it? Or would you like to know more about it and how it feels compared to other controllers? Hit me up and I will make sure to answer you :)

P.S. - I am NOT getting paid to say the things I did. I really do mean what I am saying here and that this is easily the best controller I've bought so far. I'd have grabbed a 360 Controller but it's beyond my "limit" not in a monetary way but in a matter of necessity aka I don't think it's really worth it if there's a cheaper alternative

Michael Stewart

Re: Logitech F310 Controller Review or just my Personal thou

Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 am

I can't stand the look of that D-Pad.

mizudg

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:56 am

Alright.. I don't mind it, not that it's useful most of the time for any game. It's usually an inventory or some sub-thing.

aXeSwY

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

PLEASE LIGHT UP THE ROOM :D

mizudg

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:13 pm

Phone camera..

Return to “General Discussion”