WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
oOCR1SOo
big problem , but we really want to play.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:44 pm

hi everyone am glad of be a part of this community but i have a few problems with the game
i have a lan party here and all my pcs(5 total) have bbc2 installed and if we want to play on the same server ,it kik us from playing after 2 or more pcs on the same network with same internet conection join to the server .....i mean to resume....5 pcs -same internet -server kiks us somtimes all of us , sometimes just 1 or 2 of us....not always ive installed all the g ames on the pcs with different serials, each pc has dinamic ip ,ive even done the port forwarding, the rename fron shortcut properties adding "set net port XXXX,, i dont understand whats going on....if someone can help me ill apreciate it.

thanks for ur attention.

RobbingHood

Re: big problem , but we really want to play.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:47 pm

oOCR1SOo wrote:ive even done the port forwarding, the rename fron shortcut properties adding "set net port XXXX

Did you make sure to forward every individual port to the PC that is using this port?

oOCR1SOo

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:51 am

RobbingHood wrote:
oOCR1SOo wrote:ive even done the port forwarding, the rename fron shortcut properties adding "set net port XXXX

Did you make sure to forward every individual port to the PC that is using this port?

mm acording to my toughts.....thats imposible on a dinamic ip network.....and doing dmz would be the solution but i dont know the range of ports...... and theres a few ports according to ea bbc2 web page so.....

TCP: 80, 18390, 18395, 13505
UDP: 18395, 10000.

ive already port forwarded this ports so....ill asume that i just cant play.....damn..even bf3 and 4 have this same problem....i mean really dice?....a AAA game and still with those bugs?

AlexEe

Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:23 am

Are you playing with the same account on 5 pcs?
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

mizudg

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Also, they're not bugs. It's networking. Two IPs cannot be on the same server with the same port..

RobbingHood

Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:39 pm

oOCR1SOo wrote:mm acording to my toughts.....thats imposible on a dinamic ip network

Not a good permanent solution, but possible.

oOCR1SOo

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:06 pm

mizudg wrote:Also, they're not bugs. It's networking. Two IPs cannot be on the same server with the same port..

thanks for responding but again.....whos responsible for good networking?? the developer right....have u seen good games making warnings of several pcs from same ips problems?? no.so i think im stucked here , but thanks anyway

RobbingHood wrote:
oOCR1SOo wrote:mm acording to my toughts.....thats imposible on a dinamic ip network

Not a good permanent solution, but possible.

assigning ports to a different range of ips everytime i shut my pcs down due to a dinamic ip, its not a good posible solution and the other way its imposible couse u cant assign same ports to a different static ips, but thanks for responding

AlexEe wrote:Are you playing with the same account on 5 pcs?

ovbiously not...... thanks for responding

mizudg

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Why not request a static IP? Some network providers will do that for free, some will require a tax. And you might as well ask them how to play on LAN and how to set-up your ports for all the PCs.

oOCR1SOo

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:17 pm

mizudg wrote:Why not request a static IP? Some network providers will do that for free, some will require a tax. And you might as well ask them how to play on LAN and how to set-up your ports for all the PCs.

mm maybe but i dont wanna deal with those support people, they are always lost when i say things like statip ip, dmz,port forwardig etc, well i think thats the tax u pay when u live in a third world country... but thanks anyway.

RobbingHood

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:24 pm

oOCR1SOo wrote:assigning ports to a different range of ips everytime i shut my pcs down due to a dinamic ip, its not a good posible solution and the other way its imposible couse u cant assign same ports to a different static ips, but thanks for responding

Uhm, you can't assign ports to static IPs?

I don't see why you don't just assign those 5 PCs a static internal IP (which has nothing to do with your ISP btw) and forward the different ports to those IPs?

Return to “Help and Support”